24 February 2014

Cry, it's ok!

I miss my parents.
I miss my sister.
I miss my friends.
I miss my bed and the smell of my linen.
I miss my tea.
I miss my dad's braai and my mom's home cooked food.
I miss recorded TV on the couch.
I miss good coffee with friends.
I miss options, selection and variety.
I miss the sun.
I miss mountains. 
I miss my car. 
I miss singing in my car.
I miss familiarity. 
I miss routine. 
Cry. 
Cry a little or a lot.
Cry big tears, small tears, long tears or short tears, but cry. It's normal, it's healthy and it's in the best interest of you and your family. The more you cry, the less you'll take your emotions out on them, the less frustrated you will be and the more relieved you will feel. You can apply this to any traumatic experience. Crying or talking about your emotions release emotions and bring relief. It's a not a sign of weakness, but a way to strengthen you emotionally. If you don't release emotion, then I can assure you that it will pop out its head somewhere in your life and most likely not in the way that you would have liked.


No comments:

Post a Comment